The IT Trainer develops and executes training plans, training materials, and provides software instruction to the organizations employees. They will also review results and trainee feedback to improve plans and materials, as well as identify and develop additional software training opportunities. They will spend time with existing users and IT developers to understand the systems with the initial focus on MES (Manufacturing Execution System) software but will expand in the future to other systems such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include, but are not limited to the following:
- Learn key systems quickly in order to perform the functions listed below. Initial focus will be on new launch of MES (Manufacturing Execution System) but will expand in the future to other systems such as Microsoft Dynamics 365 for Finance and Operations (D365FO) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management).
- Training Development. The IT Trainer will develop/produce:
- End user guides
- Training handouts
- Case studies for training
- One page/cheat sheets
- Training videos
- Training Delivery. The IT Trainer will deliver/perform:
- End user training on an individual or group basis
- Supervisor/Manager training
- Programs of learning activities
- On-line Training Courses. The IT Trainer will develop/produce on-line training courses:
- Using built in functionality of Meissner systems
- Using market leading on-line training systems
- Support ongoing end user training by Supervisors/Managers.
- Support and administer a LMS (Learning Management System).
- Keep personal IT skills and knowledge up to date.
TIME AND TRAVEL MANAGEMENT REQUIREMENTS
This position will require domestic and international travel as the company continues to expand manufacturing and business operations in the United States and Europe.
- Perform necessary travel in North America and Europe, as directed, following company travel policies and using the most efficient method of travel for time and appointments.
- Perform necessary overnight travel as required, approximately 10-20% of the time, including some weekends.
- Comply with all corporate travel and expense policies and guidelines. Be mindful of time and resource management.
- Establish and/or maintain an organized computerized database of product, project and customer files, profiles, and activities.
- Submit requested management reports on time.
- Maintain and review records and reports of calls on customers and results obtained.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports.
- Provide regular reports concerning product marketing and sales support activities.
- Prepare and submit an annual expense budget and weekly expense reports.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A bachelor’s degree is required; a degree or certification in adult education, communications, or computer science is preferred. Prior experience as a post-secondary or workplace trainer/instructor is also required.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to work well with people at all levels are essential.
- Strong organizational, planning, and motivational skills are desired.
- Ability to quickly set up and use audiovisual equipment is a plus, though not required.
- Knowledge of, experience with educational, presentation software is necessary.
- Experience with PowerPoint is also necessary.
- Teacher or trainer certification (e.g., Microsoft Certified Trainer) is preferred; software design/development experience would be a plus.
Ability to use basic computer skills is essential including the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
Each employee of the Company is an at‑will employee, unless specifically notified otherwise in writing. This means that the terms and conditions of employment may be changed with or without cause. It also means an employee may terminate their employment at any time, for any reason, and the Company has the same right to terminate an employees’ employment at any time for any reason.