1. Policy Items
- We will not share your personal information with any other person or business, with the exception of trusted third parties, and only for the purposes disclosed in this Policy.
- We will, with your opt-in approval, send you periodic news, if you have registered with our site and provided the contact information. You may opt out at a later date. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
- As a basic principle, people can visit our web site without telling us who they are or revealing any personal information.
2. What Information Do We Collect From You?
- You are welcome to browse the www.meissner.com site without submitting any personal information. We do collect any personally identifiable information that you submit to us, including the following:
- Your name
- Your postal mailing address
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Meissner collects personally identifiable information when you email us a question in anticipation of an answer and when you submit your name to be included on our email update list.
- When you make a request from the website, we ask for your name, email address, and any questions or comments you may wish to provide. When you register this information with www.meissner.com to request our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Other Information we collect may include your IP Address and other information gathered through our standard analytics programs (Google Analytics and Click Dimensions) and cookies (see below).
3. How Do We Use the Information?
- Meissner may use this information to customize the information and content you receive via email or regular mail, to fulfill your requests for certain information or services, to notify our local Distributors or Agents of your request for information or services so they can provide immediate assistance, to contact you about further details of your filter or single-use application needs, or to learn of your interest in new Meissner products.
- We will, with your opt-in approval, send you periodic news on our products, services, and website. In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all email we send will clearly state that it is from Meissner, and we will provide you with clear information on how to contact us. Further, all email messages will include an opt-out, such that you can remove yourself from our mailing list and receive no further communication from Meissner, except confirmation of your opt-out.
- We may refer to your information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products, and services.
- We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to complete any business with you, including the completion of a transaction and any follow-up matters for which your records may be relevant. Thereafter, we will retain your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
4. Does Meissner Share This Information?
- Meissner will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Meissner may send your personally identifiable information to trusted third parties only when:
- We need the assistance of those third parties to provide a product or service to you.
- We are required to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal processes.
- This website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a small data file that our webserver sends to your computer or other device when you access our website. When you return, our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately.
- Meissner.com uses standard analytics programs (e.g. Google Analytics) to identify trends, site traffic, and statistics. We use this data to help improve the overall Meissner.com experience.
- This website uses Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a “dynamic” address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections your IP Address does not change (it is “static”) and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the website.
6. How Can You Update or Delete Your Information?
- There will be an “opt out” option in any general email that we send to you.
- You may request an update or deletion of your name and contact information from Meissner’s database by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirming your choice to update or delete the information. Please note that it is our intention to send you an email to confirm your opt out, so that we have a receipt of the transaction.
7. How is Your Information Kept Secure?
- We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you.
- The data you provide us through Meissner’s website Contact Form is sent via an encrypted SSL – Secured Socket Layer – format. This encryption is indicated by the browser’s address line of “https://”, which appears along with a lock symbol in your browser window.
- We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information that we collect from you. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
8. Our Right to Change This Policy
9. Meissner is Privacy Shield Self-Certified
- View Our Privacy Shield Policy
10. Meissner is compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
11. Meissner is compliant with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) and the California Privacy Rights Act (CPRA).
- The CCPA applies to personal information Meissner collects from California residents and provides certain rights. If you are a California resident, please visit Meissner’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018 Notice.
12. Children Under the Age of 13
- Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. Persons under age 13 are prohibited from providing any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or submit any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
- If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without veriﬁcation of parental consent we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
- We provide services only to persons who are age 21 or older. Any attempt by persons under age 21 to make purchases is strictly prohibited. We will not knowingly accept personal information submitted by a person under age 21.
13. Arbitration Of Disputes, Waiver Of Representative Claims
- Any dispute arising from or relating to this Policy or to your use of our website or services shall be resolved as follows. If the total amount in dispute is $10,000.00 or less, the claim(s) shall be filed in small claims court in Ventura County, California, and the decision of the court shall be final. If the total amount in dispute is more than $10,000.00, the claim(s) shall be submitted to binding arbitration before a private arbitrator, rather than asserted in a court action. You recognize that you are waiving your right to file a lawsuit and waiving your right to a jury trial. The arbitration shall be conducted in Ventura County, California, before the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Service (JAMS). You may commence an arbitration proceeding by contacting JAMS at +1.213.620.1133 or through their website, https://www.jamsadr.com. The JAMS Streamlined Arbitration Rules & Procedures then in effect shall apply to the proceedings. Those rules are available on the JAMS website.
- You further agree that you will not assert any class action or other representative claims arising from or relating to this policy or your use of our website or services. The waiver of class or other representative claims shall not apply, where a waiver of this type is prohibited by law.
14. Limitation of Liability
- You agree that in no event will our liability under this Policy exceed the total payments you have made to us for any goods or services purchased in the 12 months prior to the submission of the claim. However, this limitation shall not apply where prohibited by law.
15. Contact for Your Questions, Suggestions, Updates and Opt-Outs
- If you have questions or suggestions, please submit our Contact Form, or call our Marketing Department at +1.805.388.9911 between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time. If you would like to opt out of Meissner’s Marketing Email program entirely, please send your request by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.