1. Policy Items
- We will not share individual customer or business information with any other business, organization or institution, unless these entities are working for Meissner as an authorized agent.
- We will, with your opt-in approval, send you periodic news, if you have registered with our site and provided the contact information.
- As a basic principle, people can visit our web site without telling us who they are or revealing any personal information.
2. What Information Do We Collect from You?
- You are welcome to browse the www.meissner.com site without submitting any personal information. We do not collect any of your personal information (such as a name, address or e-mail address) unless you register, submit a question, or request literature or services. As part of this process, you may decline further promotional materials or other notifications from us.
- Meissner collects personally identifiable information when you email us a question in anticipation of an answer, and when you submit your name to be included on our e-mail update list.
- When you make a request from the website, we ask for your name, e-mail address, and any questions or comments you may wish to provide. When you register this information with www.meissner.com to request our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Other Information we collect may include your IP Address and other information gathered through our standard analytics programs (Google Analytics and Click Dimensions) and cookies (see below)
3. How Do We Use the Information?
- Meissner may use this information to customize the information and content you receive via e-mail or regular mail, to fulfill your requests for certain information or services, to notify our local Distributors or Agents of your request for information or services so they can provide immediate assistance, to contact you about further details of your filter or single-use application needs, or to learn of your interest in new Meissner products.
- We will, with your opt-in approval, send you periodic news on our products, services, and website. In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act, all email we send will clearly state that it is from Meissner, and we will provide you with clear information on how to contact us. Further, all email messages will include an opt-out, such that you can remove yourself from our mailing list and receive no further communication from Meissner, except confirmation of your opt-out.
- We may refer to your information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products and services.
4. Does Meissner Share This Information?
- Meissner will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Meissner may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Meissner, including other related Meissner entities, to provide a product or service to you
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
- This website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you return, our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately.
- Meissner.com uses standard analytics programs (e.g. Google Analytics) to identify trends, site traffic and statistics. We use this data to help improve the overall Meissner.com experience.
- This website uses Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a “dynamic” address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections your IP Address does not change (it is “static”) and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the website.
6. How Can You Update or Delete Your Information?
- There will be an “opt out” message on any general email that we send to you.
- You may request an update or deletion of your name and contact information from Meissner’s database by sending an e-mail to email@example.com and confirming your choice to update or delete the information. Please note that it is our intention to send you an email to confirm your opt out, so that we have a receipt of the transaction, as required in the EU’s GDPR.
7. How is Your Information Kept Secure?
- We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you.
- The data you provide us through Meissner’s website Contact Form is sent via an encrypted SSL – Secured Socket Layer – format. This encryption is indicated by the browser’s address line of “https://” which appears along with a lock symbol in your browser window.
- We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information that we collect from you. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors.
8. Our Right to Change This Policy
9. Meissner is Privacy Shield Self-Certified
- View Our Privacy Shield Policy
10. Meissner is compliant with the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
11. Meissner is compliant with the California Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) of 2018.
- The CCPA applies to personal information Meissner collects from California residents and provides certain rights. If you are a California resident, please visit Meissner’s California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) of 2018 Notice.
12. Children Under the Age of 13
- Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or submit any information about yourself, including your name, address, telephone number, or email address.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without veriﬁcation of parental consent we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
13. Contact for Your Questions, Suggestions, Updates and Opt-Outs
- If you have questions or suggestions, please submit our Contact Form, or call our Marketing Department at +1.805.388.9911 between 9:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. Pacific Time. If you would like to opt out of Meissner’s Marketing Email program entirely, please send your request by email to: email@example.com.