A polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) membrane filter designed to facilitate in-line pre-use, post sterilization integrity testing (PUPSIT) for final fill and finish applications, the Zebragard™ filter offers exceptional flow rates and maximum sterile boundary assurance in single-use systems.
The Zebragard™ barrier filter is an absolute rated PVDF filter that features the dual characteristics of both the sterilizing grade 0.2 µm hydrophilic SteriLUX® and hydrophobic Steridyne® membranes. The Zebragard™ filter’s unique striped and pleated membrane design allows high flow rates and faster air flow recovery at low pressures after filter wetting. These characteristics simplify sterile filter wetting, flushing, and integrity testing in aseptic filling systems while maintaining sterility and removing the constraints of alternate methods, such as flush bags or catch cans.
- Modified PVDF membrane for inherent water wettability
- Highest documented flow rates of any PVDF membrane filter
- Extremely low protein and preservative binding
- Compatible with a wide range of solvents, acids, and chemicals
- Extremely low extractables
- Repeatedly steam sterilizable in situ
- Meets ASTM bacterial validation standards
- Cleanroom manufactured
- Pre-use post sterilization integrity testing (PUPSIT) of single or redundant sterile filtration systems
- Aseptic processing
- Extractables flushing through a sterile boundary to drain