1. Policy Items
- We will not share individual customer or business information with any other business, organization or institution, unless authorized by you in advance, in writing.
- We will, with your approval, send you periodic news on our web site, if you have registered with our site and provided the contact information.
- As a basic principle, people can visit our web site without telling us who they are or revealing any personal information.
2. What Information Do We Collect from You?
- You are welcome to browse the Meissner.com site without submitting any personal information. We do not collect any of your personal information (such as a name, address or e-mail address) unless you register or have registered to request literature or services. As part of this process, you may decline further promotional materials or other notifications from us.
- Meissner collects personally identifiable information when you submit a Meissner literature inquiry form and when you submit your name to be included on our e-mail update list.
- When you make a request to Meissner.com, we ask for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, zip code, occupation, industry, and technical requirements for filters, including applications, and any inquiries or comments you may wish to provide. When you register this information with Meissner.com to request our services, you are not anonymous to us.
- Other Information we collect may include your IP Address and other information gathered through our standard analytics programs and cookies (see below).
3. How Do We Use the Information?
- Meissner may use this information to customize the information and content you receive via e-mail or regular mail, to fulfill your requests for certain information or services, to notify our local Distributors or Agents of your request for information or services so they can provide immediate assistance, to contact you about further details of your filtration application needs, or to learn of your interest in new Meissner products.
- We will, with your approval, send you periodic news on our products, services, and web site.
- We may refer to your information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our websites, products and services.
4. Does Meissner Share This Information?
- Meissner will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
- Meissner may send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people only when:
- We need to send the information to companies who work on behalf of Meissner to provide a product or service to you
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders or other legal processes
- This website may use a technology called a “cookie”. A cookie is a piece of information that our webserver sends to your computer (actually to your browser file) when you access a website. Then when you come back our site will detect whether you have one of our cookies on your computer. Our cookies help provide additional functionality to the site and help us analyze site usage more accurately.
- Meissner.com uses standard analytics programs (e.g. Google Analytics and Hubspot) to identify trends, site traffic and statistics. We use this data to help improve the overall meissner.com experience.
- This website uses Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses. An IP Address is a number assigned to your computer by your Internet service provider so you can access the Internet. Generally, an IP address changes each time you connect to the Internet (it is a "dynamic" address). Note, however, that if you have a broadband connection, depending on your individual circumstance, it is possible that your IP Address that we collect, or even perhaps a cookie we use, may contain information that could be deemed identifiable. This is because with some broadband connections your IP Address does not change (it is "static") and could be associated with your personal computer. We use your IP address to report aggregate information on use and to help improve the website.
6. How Can You Update or Delete Your Information?
- There will be an "opt out" message on any general email that we send to you.
- You may request an update or deletion of your name and contact information from Meissner's database by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and confirming your choice to update or delete the information. Please note that you may continue to receive materials while we are updating our lists.
7. How is Your Information Kept Secure?
- We restrict access to your personal information to those employees who reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you.
8. Our Right to Change This Policy
9. Meissner is Privacy Shield Self-Certified
View Our Privacy Shield Policy
- Meissner complies with the U.S.-EU Privacy Shield Framework admisistered by the U.S. Department of Commerce ("Privacy Shield") regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from European Union member countries. Meissner has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles of Notice, Choice, Accountability for Onward Transfer, Security, Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation, Access, and Recourse, Enforcement, and Liability. To learn more about Privacy Shield Certification, and to view Meissner's Certification, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
10. Contact for Your Questions, Suggestions, Updates and Opt-Outs
- If you have questions or suggestions, please submit Contact Form, or call our Marketing Department at 1-805-388-9911 between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time.