The Protec® RF microfiber glass filter is available in ratings of 0.5 µm or 1 µm. The Protec® RM is available in a choice of 0.2 µm, 0.3 µm and 0.5 µm, and combines an outer layer of microfiber glass filter media with an inner layer of Meissner’s proprietary hydrophilic PVDF membrane. Protec® filters provide consistent submicron contaminant removal with high dirt-holding capacity and high flow rates. The filter effectively protects downstream membrane filters and equipment. Protec® filters are also available in discs, capsules, high-capacity UltraCap® and UltraCap® H.D. capsules.
This advanced borosilicate glass fiber prefilter removes particulates and reduces bioburden in biological liquids to protect downstream membrane filters and equipment.
- Protec® RM filters combine the retention performance of a PVDF membrane and the high adsorption and contaminant-holding capacity of a borosilicate glass fiber media
- All-polypropylene support materials
- High flow rates and excellent filtration economics
- Withstands repeated SIP, autoclave, CIP and hot water rinse cycles, and demanding process conditions
- Manufactured for use in conformance with cGMP
What are the typical applications?
- Biological products
- Serum, plasma fractions and other blood products
- Tissue and cell culture media
- Protein solutions
- Fermentation media and feeds
- Cell removal from fermentation broth
- Pre-column chromatography
Filter Configurations Available for Protec®
UltraSnap® Filter Assembly
UltraCap® H.D. Capsule Filters
UltraCap® Capsule Filters
Standard Capsule Filters
Medium Capsule Filters
Mini Capsule Filters