A single-use filtration system that configures pre and final filters into a plug and play solution.
Flexible in design, the UltraSnap® filter assembly configures UltraCap® H.D. high capacity capsule filters ranging from 10 to 50 inches into a single-use filtration system. UltraSnap® filter assembly designs can be optimized to accommodate processing requirements for flow rate, throughput and retention ratings. Securing multiple pre and final filters into a pre-assembled single-use solution, the UltraSnap® assembly arrives ready for immediate use. For added convenience, the entire filter assembly can be pre-sterilized.
The UltraSnap® assembly is a highly configurable filter system. The filter assembly can be optimized for clarification through sterile filtration applications, making the scale of single-use filters virtually unlimited.
Meissner’s UltraSnap® filter assembly eliminates the time and expense associated with change-out of filters from stainless steel housings and the associated cleaning and reassembly of the filter/housing unit(s). This time saved from cleaning operations results in less downtime between filtration runs, and improved productivity. The UltraSnap® filter assembly has very low hold-up volume, which minimizes product loss during change-outs and ensures maximum product recovery. UltraSnap® support stands and carts can be designed to integrate the filter assembly into the end-user’s unit operations.
Meissner offers a FlexCessory™ stainless steel accessory fork to support the UltraSnap® assembly, which can be mounted to the Dual End-Ported Biocontainer Cart for easy transport. The accessory fork can also be mounted to the FlexCessory™ Universal Laboratory Stand for table top applications.
Design Features and Benefits
- Available pre-sterilized (gamma irradiated) and ready-to-use for plug and play convenience
- Specialized UltraSnap® connectors configure multiple pre and final capsule filters in series or parallel to maximize design space and remove limits on the scale single-use filters
- 10″, 20″, 30″, 40″ and 50″ capsule filter length options permit fast, easy scale-up and scale-out
- Available with Meissner’s full range of sterilizing-grade filtration, clarification, purification and prefiltration media with absolute removal ratings from 0.04 µm to 99 µm
What are the typical applications?
Typical Pharmaceutical Applications
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of serum
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of tissue culture media
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of microbiological growth media
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of any viscous biological liquids
- Sterile filling operations with disposable plastic biocontainers
Typical Microelectronics Applications
- Filtration of metal and oxide CMP slurries
- Filtration of chemical rinse solutions
- Filtration of acids, bases, solvents
- Filtration of stripping solutions
- DI water Filtration