SKR filter cartridges are pleated, small-area filters for critical point-of-use filtration and small batch processing of liquids and gases.
Available in two sizes, the filters are designed for use in Meissner’s SKR filter housings and in competitive filter housings that accommodate a skirt-flange sealing mechanism. SKR filter cartridges are part of Meissner’s SFE (Small Flow Element) filter product line.
A skirt-flange adapter is integrally welded to the end cap of each SKR filter cartridge. When the cartridge is installed and the housing is fully assembled, the adapter prevents fluid bypass.
- Full range of hydrophilic or hydrophobic filter media
- Retention ratings from 0.04 µm to 99 µm
- High flow rates at low pressure drops – high throughputs
- Ideal for flow rates up to 3 gpm (11 L min-1) or 60 scfm (102 Nm3hr-1) in gases
- Extremely low extractables
- Wide chemical compatibility
- Cleanroom manufactured
- All materials of construction comply with FDA regulations – meet USP class VI Biologicals Tests for Plastics Requirements
- Ultraclean – no additives, surfactants or post-treatments
- No glues, adhesives, epoxies or other extraneous materials used in construction
- Extremely rugged – withstands back pressure surges, hydraulic shocks, multiple sterilizations, and rigorous application conditions
- Food and Beverage
What are the typical applications?
- Point-of-use filtration
- Continuous or small batch processing
- Laboratory, pilot plant and production
- Particulate filtration
- Sterile filtration
- Sterile air/gas/venting
- Mycoplasma removal
- Virus reduction