UltraCap® H.D. Capsule Filter
A high capacity, high flow capsule filter that provides the ease and convenience of a single-use assembly in a heavy duty housing
UltraCap® H.D. (Heavy Duty) capsule filters are designed for processing mid to large size liquid batches and gases under even the most challenging operating conditions. The heavy duty capsules withstand considerably higher operating pressures and are more robust than conventional UltraCap® capsule filters.
UltraCap® H.D filters are destined to become the workhorse for demanding batch and continuous processing applications in the biopharm, pharmaceutical, food & beverage, and microelectronics industries.
The capsule assemblies are available with a choice of filter media for applications ranging from liquid prefiltration and final filtration to gas venting. Filter sizes include 10-inch, 20-inch, 30-inch, 40-inch and 50-inch lengths for rapid scale-up. The capsule assemblies are available with sanitary flange, hose barb or Flaretek® inlet and outlet connections. UltraCap® H.D. options include a gauge port for pressure measurement and a filter stand for fast and easy installation. Additionally, an SPD (Sterile Process Design) vent is offered on the inline UltraCap® H.D.
The UltraCap® H.D. capsule filter assemblies are gamma sterilizable and free of sharp edges, making them the preferred choice for Meissner's TepoFlex® biocontainers, and other single-use systems.
For applications requiring multiple UltraCap® H.D. capsule filters, Meissner's UltraSnap® filter assembly is recommended. This assembly secures pre and final capsule filters into a single-use system that is ready for immediate use.
- T-style and Inline design versions
- 10", 20", 30", 40" and 50" capsule filter lengths
- Available gamma-irradiated
- Prefiltration and final filtration media options:
STyLUX® or EverLUX® PES, SteriLUX® or Steridyne® PVDF, Ultradyne® PTFE and Chemdyne® PP membranes; ALpHA® and Vangard® PP microfiber; Protec® glass microfiber; DeltaMax® and DeltaDepth® PP depth media
- Removal ratings from 0.04 µm to 99 µm
- Extremely low hold-up volume
- Sanitary end-fittings ensure secure, reliable connections
- Recessed drain
- Available with or without vent
- Convenient – Complete, Ready-to-Use
- Integral System – Combines Filter and Housing
- Cuts Costs – Eliminates Housing Cleanup and Cleaning Validation
- Eliminates autoclaving with pre-gamma-irradiated UltraCap® H.D. filters
- Conserves Valuable Product -- Low-Holdup Design
- Permanently assembled, one-piece construction -- Eliminates Bypass
- Use for liquid, gas or vent filtration
- Prevents operator contact with dangerous liquids in chemical applications
Typical Pharmaceutical Applications
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of serum
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of tissue culture media
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of microbiological growth media
- Sterile filtration or prefiltration of any viscous biological liquids
- Sterile filling operations with disposable plastic biocontainers
- Sterile tank venting
Typical Microelectronics Applications
- Filtration of metal and oxide CMP slurries
- Filtration of chemical rinse solutions
- Filtration of acids, bases, solvents
- Filtration of stripping solutions
- DI water Filtration
- Venting of storage tanks